Music & Choirs
“Top Eight Reasons for Joining the Choir”
8. You’re running out of clean clothes and the choir robes save on laundry.
7. You've just been selected for jury duty and want to get used to sitting with a group of people.
6. When the church is full you want to be sure to have a seat.
5. The collection plate is never passed to the choir.
4. For years you've wanted to know who sits in the back pews but were always afraid to turn around.
3. You've been known to nod off during the service and don't want the pastor to catch you (this doesn’t work).
2. The chairs in the choir are the most comfortable than in the sanctuary.
And the #1 reason to join the choir is: Serving the Lord. Considering all He does for us, it's like giving back to Him.
St. Andrew’s offers several opportunities to raise your voice and hands in thanks and praise to God. There is a place for you, no matter what your age or ability. If you are new to town or to the church, these smaller “faith families” within our larger church family are an excellent starting point. We are very proud of our music program, and we are eager for you to join us! Here are details on some of the musical opportunities awaiting you and your family.
Chancel Choir – Teens to Adult. Practices on Thursday Nights at 7:30. Cantata Choir – Teens to Adult. Practices take place during Fall Chancel Choir rehearsals on Thursday nights every other year in preparation for the Christmas Cantata Performance. Our next Cantata will take place during the 2019 Christmas Season. ‘New’ New Life Singers – 2nd Grade through Young Adult. Practices between services on Sunday Mornings. Bell Choir – Young Adult and up… Rehearsals fluctuate depending on when we perform. Instrumentalists – Instrumental musicians are invited to play for Christmas and Easter services to ac-company the hymns during services. There is usually a run-through rehearsal before each service. Any Middle School and up band or orchestral instrumentalist is invited to play.
Interested??? Please contact me at email@example.com or drop me a note in my mailbox at church!
Chancel Choir - Anthems for the year are posted on the choir’s website at
Recordings of music performances are available on the Music website at: